- June Newsletter
- The Crossroads Emmaus Community Board of Directors approved a proposed amendment to the By-Laws which will properly address our transition from a Fourth Day Group (under the guidance of the Rio Texas Emmaus Chrysalis Conference) to a Community in covenant with the Upper Room Ministries. The amended By-Laws will be published in the August newsletter and voted on by the Community at large during the gathering at FUMC in Port Lavaca on August 19th. The amended By-Laws are available on our Forms / Documents page.
- 2017 Crossroads Emmaus Walk Registration Fees have been reduced to $225 !!!
- Our next 4th Day Gathering begins at 6:30 pm on July 7th at Victoria FUMC.
Babe Chicks at 6pm & Women's team consecration. You don't want to miss this one!!
- Our next CRE Board meeting will be conducted by teleconference on July 6th at 7:00 pm.
(regular meetings are held at the JEC Office, located at 8925 State Highway 111 South in Ganado, Texas.)
Crossroads Emmaus Community has recently transitioned from a Fourth Day Group under the guidance of the Rio Texas Emmaus Chrysalis Conference to an Emmaus Community in full covenant with the Upper Room Ministries. We are made up of people from the South Texas counties of Calhoun, Dewitt, Goliad, Jackson, Matagorda, Victoria and Wharton.
The Walk to Emmaus® is a spiritual renewal program intended to strengthen the local church through the development of Christian disciples and leaders. The program's approach seriously considers the model of Christ's servanthood and encourages Christ's disciples to act in ways appropriate to being "a servant to all".
Who Should Go To Emmaus?
Emmaus is open to members of any Christian denomination. Emmaus is for the development of Christian leaders who:
- are members of a local church
- have a desire to strengthen their spiritual lives
- may have unanswered questions about their faith
- understand that being a Christian involves responsibility
- are willing to dedicate their everyday lives to God in an ongoing manner
What Happens On the Emmaus Weekend?
You will enjoy three days singing, learning, laughing, worshipping, reflecting, praying and participating in small groups. Discussions center around fifteen talks given by laity and clergy. These talks present the theme of God's grace, how that grace comes alive in the Christian community and how it expresses itself in this world.
You will discover how grace is real in your life, how you live a life of grace, and bring grace to others. You will have the opportunity to participate in the daily celebration of Holy Communion and to understand more fully the body of Christ.
You will experience God's grace through the prayers and acts of anonymous service offered by the Emmaus community. You will leave with an experience of Christian love in action that will equip you for new levels of grace-filled service and leadership!
The Walk to Emmaus® gets its name from the story in Luke 24:13-35, which provides the central image for the three-day expirience and follow-up. Luke tells the story of that first Easter afternoon when the risen Christ appeared to the two disciples who were walking together along the road from Jerusalem to Emmaus. Like Christians and churches who are blinded by preoccupation with their own immediate difficulties, these two disciples sadness and hopelessness seemed to prevent them from seeing God's redemptive purpose in things that had happened.